Dear Sigmund Friend
My name is Simon and I am a Grade 9 student. I am crazy 31 football! I love 32 football, reading about football, and of course, playing football. My dream 33 a great football player. However, my love of football has become a big problem, and I would like your 34 .
I have 35 friends, and we always play football together at school or in the park after school. We like staying out late to play football. We often play for three hours or more and forget when to stop. Then I 36 trouble at home because my parents do not allow me to play outside after 6 p.m. I really do not understand why they are so strict. I feel stressed and angry 37 . I believe it is important for us to spend some time on our hobbies. They can help us relax and make our lives 38 .I wish I could have my parents’ 39 .
Is it bad to stay out late to play football? Should I spend less time on it? I really do not know 40 . Can you please advise me how to achieve a balance between my schoolwork and my hobbies? Thanks a lot.
31. A. for B. with C. of D. about
32. A. watching B. seeing C. looking at D. looking
33. A. am to be B. is to be C. is to being D. are to be
34. A. book B. work C. advice D. school
35. A. much B. not any C. few D. plenty of
36. A. get in B. get into C. get on D. get off
37. A. from time to time B. from times to times
C. between time and time D. between times and times
38. A. much interesting B. more interested
C. more interesting D. the most interesting
39. A. support B. supported C. supporting D. supports40. A. why to do D. when to do C. what to do D. where to do
31. D【解析】考查词组be crazy about“对…感到疯狂”。
32. A【解析】watching “观看比赛”；seeing “看电影”；looking at“看着”；looking不及物东西，不能直接加宾语。本句为看足球比赛，故选A。
33. B【解析】dream作主语，系动词用is，be to do，“将要做某事”。
34. C 【解析】由文章的倒数第三句“Can you please advise me how to achieve a balance between my schoolwork and my hobbies?”可知作者是为了寻求一些建议。
35. D【解析】根据下句可知我有很多的朋友。plenty of“许多大量的”。
36. B【解析】考查词组get into trouble “陷入困境”。
37. A【解析】考查词组from time to time “不时的；时时的”。
38. C 【解析】句意为：它（足球）能够使我们放松，使生活更有趣。应使用比较级形式。interesting用来形容物。